Last Updated: May 21st, 2018
1. The Information We Collect and Use
- No Cover collects Personal Data that you voluntarily provide us, when you register for No Cover, create an user, band, venue or a promoter profile. We also collect Personal Data when you sign up for email newsletters or alerts on No Cover. Personal Data may contain your name, email, contact information, your location, as well as other information you provide to No Cover.
- No Cover collects billing information when processing payment on nocover.com in conjunction with applying to gigs and subscribing for membership.
- No Cover logs your visits and use of No Cover, such as when you view or click on content, gigs, or ads, perform a search, or apply for roles. We use log-ins, cookies, web beacons, device information and internet protocol (“IP”) addresses to identify you, your location, and log your use.
- No Cover collects and stores data about you when you use No Covers’ messaging platform to communicate with other users.
- No Cover may also obtain information about you through third party sources as permitted by applicable law, such as public databases, social media platforms, and marketing partners.
2. Examples of How No Cover Uses Your data
- To create an account for you to use the No Cover platform and services.
- To personalize No Cover to give you a better experience, such as sending you targeted gig postings based on your location.
- To respond to your requests or to manage user accounts.
- To receive product feedback and understand our users better in order to improve No Cover.
- To monitor the safety and security of the No Cover service and platform.
- To use data and content about users for communications promoting membership, job posting, and engagement with No Cover, on No Cover properties and across other platforms.
- To target and measure the performance of advertisements displayed to our users directly by No Cover or through third party advertising partners, on and off No Cover.
- No Cover may disclose your Personally Identifiable Information to third parties in connection with a corporate transaction where all or a portion of our business (e.g., a portion that includes our customer lists) is sold or transferred. We also may disclose your Personally Identifiable Information if disclosure is required by law or as part of a lawsuit or government investigation or proceeding, or in order to permit us to exercise or preserve our legal rights or take action regarding potentially illegal activities or to protect the safety of any person.
3. How No Cover shares information
Electronic Press Kit (EPK)
Your EPK is fully visible to all users on and No Cover, as well as publicly discoverable across the world wide web. You may deactivate your No Cover or edit the information you have provided to No Cover at any time through your No Cover profile.
The No Cover service allows you to share information with other users by sending and receiving messages on the No Cover messaging system. When you send email or message No Cover customer support, No Cover will collect and store your name, email address and the content of your message so we can provide customer support.
When a user posts an opportunity, the notice may contain personally identifiable information. By posting an opportunity on No Cover, you consent to share the contents of the opportunity with other No Cover users, as well as make the contents publicly discoverable across the world wide web.
Other Parties Designated by You
When using the No Cover Service, you may share your data with other parties designated by you. For example, when applying to an opportunity on No Cover, you may share personally identifiable data with the recipient of your application. When inviting a No Cover user to apply to your opportunity, you may also share personally identifiable information with that user.
From time to time, we may partner with unaffiliated companies or individuals for market research, product development, quality assurance testing, or similar purposes. These companies or individuals may be provided with access to personally identifiable information, but we will require by contract that they agree to maintain the confidentiality, security and integrity of such information. We also may subcontract with other companies and individuals to do work on our behalf; they may be provided with access to personally identifiable information, but only as needed to perform their functions.
No Cover, as a data controller, collects and shares data with different data processors in the following categories:
Technology and Infrastructure: No Cover distributes data to processors in order to host, enable and support the No Cover platform and service.
Analytics and Reporting: No Cover distributes data to analytics platforms to better understand user behavior and track key business metrics, in order to provide a better service to its users.
Marketing Partners: No Cover distributes data to marketing companies to facilitate email marketing, on-site promotions, and social media, search, and display advertising campaigns.
International Data Transfers
Information, including information collected in the European Economic Area (“EEA”) may be transferred, stored and processed by No Cover and its services providers in the United States and other countries whose data protection laws may be different than the laws of your country. We will protect your Personal Data in accordance with this Privacy Notice wherever it is processed and take appropriate steps to protect the information in accordance with applicable laws.
4. Children Under 13
Nothing on www.nocover.com (“this website”) is directed to children under 13 years-of-age. No Cover does not knowingly collect or maintain personally identifiable information on this website from children under 13 years-of-age. If No Cover learns that personally identifiable information from children under 13 years-of-age has been collected and/or is maintained on this website without verifiable parental consent, No Cover will take appropriate steps to delete such data. If you are a parent or guardian and find out that your child under 13 years-of-age has registered with www.nocover.com and has provided personally identifiable information on this website, you may inform No Cover at firstname.lastname@example.org and request that No Cover delete your child’s personally identifiable information from its systems. After notice, No Cover will delete all such information.
Please feel free to send an email to email@example.com should you wish to share any comments, questions or advice regarding these privacy guidelines.
5. Data Retention
6. Additional Rights, Rules, And Provisions For European Economic Area Users
If you are the resident of a country in the EEA, you may have additional privacy rights available to you under applicable laws. We will process your requests in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
- Right not to provide or withdraw consent: you have the right not to provide or withdraw your consent at any time.
- Right of access: you may have the right to access the Personal Data that you provided Us.
- Right of erasure: you may have the right to the erasure of Personal Data that we hold about you.
- Right to object to processing: you may have the right to request that No Cover stop processing your Personal Data and/or to stop sending you marketing communications.
- Right to rectification: you may have the right to require No Cover to correct any of your Personal Data.
- The right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority if you feel the above conditions aren’t being met.
No Cover has appointed a Data Protection Officer to oversee all aspects of our privacy and data security policies. If you would like to contact our Data Protection Officer, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In order for users from EEA countries to use No Cover websites, users must accept cookies. Users will be prompted at the beginning of their session to accept cookies. Users may withdraw consent by deleting their cookies from their browser settings at any time.
7. Links to other Websites
8. Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section §1798.83 permits users of Websites that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to email@example.com.
9. Security of Your Data
No Cover is committed to protecting the security of Your Personal Data. We use a variety of industry-standard security technologies and procedures to help protect Your personal data from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. We attempt to follow policies and procedures that will protect against unauthorized access to your personally identifiable information. No amount of measures is 100% secure, however. We cannot make any promises or guarantees that your data will be safe, and you provide information to us at your own risk.
10. How To Contact Us
You may contact us by mail as follows:
No Cover, Inc.
590 W. Main St. Ste.#270
Santa Paula, CA 93060